Preparing for the Next Step
One of the most exciting times in the life of a high school student is preparing for college. We equip students with the tools they need to navigate this ever-changing and competitive process. Our counseling office offers individual and group meetings, visits with college representatives, advises on SAT and ACT, and assists with applications, essays, interviews, and scholarships.
College Entrance Exam Information
Students are required to take the ACT in order to graduate from Harding Academy and are strongly encouraged to take the SAT. Students are responsible for checking with their colleges of interest to determine if either test is preferred or if the writing portion of these exams is required. ACT and SAT practice books are available in the college counseling office. Visit our counseling blog to view a list of test prep resources.
Our school code is 431 417.
- ACT test dates, registration, test tips, and sample questions
- SAT test dates, registration, test tips, and sample questions
ACT Exam Information
We are pleased to offer another district testing option for our juniors and seniors. This allows Harding Academy students to take the ACT on campus during the school week.
October 17, 2023 – juniors and seniors
March 26, 2024 – juniors
A few things to know:
- The cost for this test is $43. Payment will be made to Harding Academy by check or cash. ACT is not able to provide fee waivers for this administration.
- Parents do not need to register on the ACT website. Mrs. Banker will send a registration form via email closer to each testing date.
- Testing will begin at 7:45 a.m. Students will report directly to their testing rooms. Room assignments will be emailed to students at a later date.
- Students are not required to take the ACT during our administration. If you do not want you student to take this test, please indicate so on the registration form Mrs. Banker which will be sent closer to the testing date.
Harding Academy uses Family Connection to help families manage the college search and application process. Students and parents will receive passwords in the fall of their seventh grade year.
All counseling information is stored on a counseling services blog which is updated weekly. Please explore this blog to find screencasts, newsletters, and announcements to help you stay connected to the counseling services at Harding Academy.
- College Board
- Common Application
- Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Financial Aid
- NAIA Eligibility Center
- NCAA Eligibility Center
Meet Our Counselors
Counseling Department’s Deep Hope: Our deep hope is that you will come to a deeper understanding of who you are in God’s story, learning to love who He created you to be so that you can be used by Him in every place you find yourself.